Coolock House provides services to young women up to 25 years of age who are pregnant or parenting and their children, who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. 24-hour supported accommodation is provided in a core and cluster setting. Supported accommodation is also provided in outreach houses. Groups run through the service include an antenatal group, new mums and babies, parenting, playgroup, cooking, a creche, reflection group and a local community centre information and referral group.
Doors of Welcome
Coolock House opened its first door of welcome to young parenting mothers who were homeless or at risk of homelessness on July 22nd 1981.
These days our supported accommodation service not only continues to welcome young mothers and their children into our Onsite and Outreach accommodation units but we also welcome:
- Young mothers and their children to a playgroup
- Young women to an antenatal group
- New mums to a group where they are encouraged to nurture and delight in their baby
- Young mums to a parenting group while their children have some playhouse time
- Families to a cooking group for a shared evening meal
- Young mothers to a Reflections Group
- Mothers and children to the Hackham West Community Centre to build their knowledge and connection within the community