Evidence suggests that addressing a problem early gives couples and families a greater chance of incorporating strategies to help them manage differences and build strong, healthy relationships. Our counsellors are well trained to assist couples, individuals and families experiencing relationship difficulties in a range of ways:
- We help couples understand relationship dynamics and help them review their expectations of themselves, each other and their relationship.
- Family counselling helps a range of family units – including extended families, blended families, families of same sex couples, sole parent families and separated families – to understand how to relate to each other and deal with change.
- Individuals can seek help in looking at how to strengthen their capacity to develop healthy relationships and deal with the grief of loss or change to a relationship
- Separating or divorcing couples can receive help with dealing with feelings including grief, shock, anger and uncertainty and coming to terms with the changes involved in separating.
Children can also receive specific counselling to understand and respond to other losses or changes in their lives, deal with feelings, worries and hopes about family transitions.
Our counsellors will respect you regardless of culture, religion, age, gender, sexuality or life situation. They are qualified and committed to work with you to take appropriate responsibility for safe and healthy relationships. While counselling is partly funded by Government, some fees may apply – please contact us for more information.
Who: Families, couples or individuals requiring counselling on family or relationship issues.
How: Contact the service closest to you.
Where: Counselling services are available through our offices in Adelaide, Aldinga, Salisbury, Mount Gambier, Murray Bridge and Wandana Community Centre at Gilles Plains.
Cost: For Individual client fees please click here
- Adelaide: 45 Wakefield Street, (08) 8215 6700
- Aldinga, How Road, (08) 8215 6310
- Salisbury, Emmaus House, 33 Carey Street , (08) 8250 3694
- Mount Gambier, 13 Penola Road, (08) 8724 0500
- Murray Bridge, 55 Adelaide Road, (08) 8215 6320
- Gilles Plains, Wandana Community Centre, 14 Blacks Road, (08) 8261 8124
Email for all services: email@example.com.
Back to service list