As much as young Mums need support – there are also a generation of new Dads who need advice, support and access to good information about the important role they are about to play in their child’s life.
The Dad’s Business delivers a range of fathering activities in the Playford area in a no-pressure environment. Young Dads come together to discuss their expectations, hopes, anxieties and build their knowledge around birth and the early years with a skilled male worker.
- antenatal classes facilitated with a health worker, followed by a men-only session to address expectations and concerns around the birth, and their child’s early years
- follow-up support sessions for fathers with a meal provided at a local community venue where fathers are supported to plan further activities which enhance their connections in a fathering context.
- small group antenatal work with teenage mothers and fathers which include time for fathers alone
- large group events which have a family or well-being focus
- a universal playgroup for fathers
- parenting sessions for young Mums and Dads and/or Dads who are alone
Who: Young fathers in the Playford area.
How: Contact the Dad’s Business team.
Where: 34 Yorktown Road Elizabeth Park [link to Google Map]
Contact: The Dad’s Business team at Centacare, Elizabeth – (08) 8252 2311 or on email@example.com
Back to service list