Centacarerlu tampinthi ngadlu yaitya Kaurna yartangka tikanthi. Ngadlu tampinthi Kaurna Miyurna yaitya mathanya Wama Tarntanyaku.
Centacare acknowledges that we are living on Karuna land. We recognise the Kaurna people as the owners / custodians of the Adelaide Plains.
About the program
Dad’s Business delivers a range of inclusive activities for fathers in the Playford area. The program provides relaxed and non-judgmental group environments where dads can be themselves and share their experience of parenting.
The focus is on engaging dads in the lives and wellbeing of their children, and building parenting skills, confidence, cultural belonging and a positive sense of self.
There is no one right way to be a father. Dad’s Business will support you to find your way.
Dad’s Business gives you the tools to:
- Recognise the value of fathers in family and children’s lives
- Enhance wellbeing in fatherhood
- Connect with your children, be an involved parent, and have a positive influence on child development
- Strengthen the parent / child relationship
- Build a strong parenting team
- Develop positive family relationships to support children to reach their full potential
- Connect to community services and supports as required
Dad’s Business works with fathers of children aged from 0 to 12 years, who live in the Playford region.
Working with other services
We will support you to connect with other services based on your individual needs.
What we do
Dads requiring support can drop in to the Dad’s Business HQ to discuss their expectations, hopes or worries.
Our courses provide an opportunity to build parenting capacity, confidence and knowledge.
- Seahorse – a six-week course designed to provide expecting or new dads of children aged up to nine months with skills to navigate the early stages of family life.
- Dads Plus – a six-week course designed to provide all dads with children aged 0-12 years with the skills to build a solid family foundation and optimal growth for children.
- Wellbeing Wednesdays – weekly groups at 10am and 3pm for dads to meet others fathers in a relaxed and non-judgmental environment to discuss family wellbeing.
Dad’s Business activities are delivered at Dad’s Business Headquarters (DBHQ) and provide information, referral and support to Playford families, and warmly welcome dads / fathers from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds.
Who: Dads / Fathers with children aged 0-12 years
Where: Shop 7a Elizabeth Rise Shopping Centre | 26 Hamblynn Rd, Elizabeth Downs
Contact: Phone the Dad’s Business team on (08) 8412 9500.
Dad’s Business activities are a part of the Communities for Children initiative and is funded by the Department of Social Services via our Facilitating Partner AnglicareSA.
Dad’s Business activities provide the opportunity to link families with available community resources and services, encourage social connectedness, and provide strong messages around child development and healthy lifestyle choices.Back to service list