Young mothers need opportunities for nurturing – both for themselves and their children.
Louise Place is funded by the SA Housing Authority to provide supported accommodation options to pregnant and parenting young women and their children experiencing homelessness, or at risk of becoming homeless.
We provide 24/7 onsite supported accommodation in Fullarton for young women (18 years and under) who are pregnant or parenting, including standard and emergency options.
Outreach support is available for young women (25 and under) who are pregnant or parenting and living in transitional or other housing.
Case Management Support
Each mother and child is supported through holistic case planning that responds to individual needs and safety. Our focus is on supporting our clients to build capacity, strengthen family, and establish community connections through a range of supports, including:
- Pregnancy support, attachment and parenting skills
- Social and emotional wellbeing
- Daily living skills
- Cooking and meal planning
- Household cleaning
- Financial access, budgeting, counselling
- Collaboration with and links to other services and agencies
- Long-term sustainable housing
- Education and employment pathways
Our community provides a place for young women and children to connect with one another. Onsite accommodation features a private nature playground, BBQ area, community garden, and Day Centre where we hold activities such as: parenting group, cooking groups, social activities, and guest speakers.
At Louise Place we value our clients participation and feedback in relation to their experience with, and ongoing improvement of our service. To do this, we are committed to actively engaging the client voice through co-designed residents meetings.
As a statewide service we accept referrals from anyone, including self-referral. Call 8412 9530 or email a completed referral form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet some of our staff at Louise Place in words and pictures:
- NCPW2020: Tarnia intent on seeing young mums thrive – Centacare (September 9, 2020)
- Inspiring stories from the frontlines (September 2, 2019)
- New nature playground opened at Louise Place – Centacare (October 17, 2018)
Back to service list