RESTORE Intensive Family Services delivers trauma- informed, culturally responsive and child-focused interventions to families with children.
Under RESTORE, families receive intensive six-month in-home and community-based support to address child safety concerns and ensure children and families are strong and connected.
RESTORE provides collaborative case management using a multi-disciplinary wrap around support approach.
We partner with families to hear their lived experience and involve them in all aspects of planning.
The service is underpinned by Aboriginal co-design criteria and privileges the voices of Aboriginal families to empower self-determination and promote the importance of culture.
- RESTORE brochure
Our aim is to keep children safe in their family by:
- Partnering with families
- Assessing risk and protective capacities
- Establishing safety
- Increasing parenting capacity
- Strengthening family functioning
- Strengthening family connections to culture, and informal and community supports
Who do we support?
Centacare’s RESTORE Intensive Family Services supports families with children (unborn to 18 years). Priority service provision will be provided to:
- Young parents (aged under 25 years)
- Adolescents with complex trauma histories
- Aboriginal families with multiple and complex needs
- Families of infants at high risk.
How do we support families?
Based on individual need, families may be supported by a:
- Senior Practitioner
- Case Manager
- Clinical Nurse
- Financial Advocate
- Aboriginal Engagement Worker
- Dads & Fatherhood Worker
The RESTORE team provides:
- Safety planning
- Practical in-home supports
- Collaborative case management
- Referral, advocacy, case conferencing,
facilitated family meetings
- Parenting skill development
- Therapeutic case work
- Group work
Where we operate
RESTORE Intensive Family Service supports families living in the following Local Government areas:
- Tea Tree Gully
- Mount Barker
- Mount Gambier
- Wattle Range
While referrals are not made directly to RESTORE, enquiries are welcome. Please phone (08) 8159 1400 for more information.
Back to service list