headspace Port Adelaide and the Thrive program have been recognised in the 2019 Adelaide PHN Primary Health Care Awards.
Delivered in partnership with Adelaide Medical Solutions, Thrive was awarded second place in the Integration and Collaboration Category for bringing primary care services into a mental health care setting for young people.
The Awards celebrate outstanding achievement in improving the health and wellbeing of our community across the Adelaide metropolitan region.
Thrive is an office-based youth mental health program, run from headspace Port Adelaide, which aims to address the mental health care needs of young people aged 16-25 years in western Adelaide who are experiencing severe and/or complex mental illness.
Senior Youth Mental Health Clinicians and a Youth Support Worker with lived experience partner with young people, their family, friends and other services to support individuals to achieve their mental health and wellbeing goals.
The Awards highlight how effective partnerships can improve peoples’ care and health outcomes. This helps create a health system that works seamlessly to provide the right care at the right place at the right time.
To be eligible for Thrive services, the young person must be:
- Aged 16-25 years
- Living in the western region of Adelaide
- Diagnosed with or at risk of severe anxiety and depression, bipolar disorder, borderline personality disorder, complex post-traumatic stress disorder, eating disorders, and/or psychosis (not first episode of psychosis, which is addressed at headspace Youth Early Psychosis Program at headspace Adelaide)
- Experiencing significant psycho-social complexity which necessitates multi-disciplinary and multi-agency approaches to their mental health care needs
- Seeking support with their mental health care needs
At Thrive, eligible young people can access:
- Engagement support and biopsychosocial assessment
- Clinical care coordination
- Psychological therapies (individual and group)
- Peer work interventions
- Linkages with functional recovery supports
- Multi-disciplinary, multi-agency approaches to mental health care
Young people can access Thrive services for up to two years, as clinically indicated.
For more information please email email@example.com or phone 8215 6340